The Apex Legends Beast of Prey collection event has just dropped, bringing yet another legend heirloom, as well as a limited time mode.
Each season of Apex Legends comes with various events that keep the game interesting and give players more of an incentive to play and Season 14 is no different.
Collection events are highly anticipated, as they usually reveal legend heirlooms -high tier cosmetics that are introduced with season launches or major themed events.
The Beast Of Prey collection event finally brought Loba’s heirloom to the game, something players have been waiting for since she joined the meta in Season 5.
Loba’s heirloom is called Garra de Alanza (Alanza’s Claw) and comes in the form of a folding fan with blades. It has a meaningful connection to her past as it belonged to her mother.
The folding fan was continuously teased in Apex Legends’ comic strips, through a story where Loba was trying to steal back her family heirloom from an auction.
The Translocating Thief has now become the 15th legend to have an heirloom, joining the likes of pro play picks such as Wraith, Pathfinder, and Bloodhound.
Here’s a list of all the legends and their heirlooms since Season 1:
- Waith (Kunai blade)
- Bloodhoud (Raven’s Bite axe)
- Lifeline (Shock Stick drumsticks)
- Pathfinder (Boxing Gloves)
- Octane (Butterfly Knife)
- Mirage (Too Much Witt golden trophy)
- Caustic (Death Hammer)
- Gibraltar (War Club hatchet)
- Bangalore (Cold Steel knife)
- Revenant (Dead Man’s Curve scythe)
- Rampart (Problem Solver wrench)
- Wattson (Energy Reader)
- Crypto (Biwon Blade)
- Valkyrie (Suzaku spear)
- Loba (Garra de Alanza folding fan)
How do you play the Gun Run LTM?
Besides Loba’s dangerous folding fan, Apex Legends has now gained a limited time mode that is set to last for a few weeks. The Gun Run LTM will give your team the chance to have intense matches against three other squads in a race to master a wide range of weapons in the Apex arsenal.
Every time you get a kill using a gun, you will be rewarded with the next best weapon in the match. This means that teamplay is always rewarded if your squad wants to win the game, as the LTM’s objective is to progress through the guns as quickly as possible.
You’ll also be able to preview what gun you’re getting next through an in-game tracker.
There’s one catch though: to win the Gun Run mode you’ll need to strike the last enemy with a unique throwing knife, that kind of looks like a primitive version of Wraith’s Kunai heirloom. The Gun Run mode will be available to play in Skulltown (Kings Canyon) and Fragment East (World’s Edge) during the collection event – so get ready for some close-range combat.
The more you play this mode, the more cosmetics you’ll be able to unlock through the prize tracker. You can earn points through completing the event’s challenges, which will also stack up points for your battle pass to progress.
Other bug fixes and quality of life updates
- Vantage – Fixed a bug with Vantage’s ‘Whittle Break’ emote where it would lay flat on the ground instead of sitting upright.
- Vantage – Fixed bug where using Vantage’s tactical inside Wraith’s Portal could cause the player to stay in flight and the tactical goes on cooldown.
- Newcastle – Fixed bug where Ultimate continues flight even after Newcastle has been downed.
- Fixed a bug where the display showing Bocek Compound Bow arrow ammo was inconsistent.
- Out of Bounds timer will now start once the player has touched the ground when landing out of bounds.
- PlayStation 5 only – Increased scroll speed in menus.
- Fixed a bug where Shield Cells would display the incorrect amount of healing available while taking damage.
- Control Mode – Fixed bug where if a player exits the game while the map is loading they are unable to choose a spawn location after reopening the game.
- Control Mode – Fixed bug where players could not capture Control points while phased.
- Storm Front map – Removed ability to tap-strafe on Gravity Cannons.
To submit Inbox letters and Reader’s Features more easily, without the need to send an email, just use our Submit Stuff page here.
For more stories like this, check our Gaming page.