Period cramps are the worst, I present a few homemade hacks to help! These homemade hacks will help combat the worst part of period cramps.
Period cramps have a way of putting a stop to day. Unfortunately, time waits for no one and most women find themselves having to push through daily tasks carrying the burdensome pains of being born female.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Period Talk: Lets Talk PMS, PMDS And How It Affects Existing Mental Iillnesses
The cramps effects us differently of course but what is sure is that there is nothing to compare it to. Most of my male friends growing up would often dismiss these pains as girls being dramatic. Of course then I had no in depth understanding of what was happening to my body.
Period pains are caused by the contractions of the uterus after ovulation. During ovulation the uterus prepares itself for fertilisation and eventually implantation of the fertilised egg.
When this does not happen, the egg and inner pinning of the uterus is shed. Resulting in what we are discussing here, those awful period cramps!
What not to to:
- Do not take in too much caffeine.
- Salt is not great either
- Sugar may be sweet but it is not your friend.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: A Kindness Economy Will Take Us To A More Sustainable Future
Here are few hacks to brave you through the worst of period cramps:
- Hot water bottle! When those pains hit, this should be the first thing you reach out to for comfort. Place it on your lower back or lower abdomen. The warmth not only lessens the pain, but it is also comforting!
- Ginger is a great alternative to pain killers. It has anti inflammatory properties which will reduce pain and relax you. Just pop a teaspoon of the powder in warm water and drink up three times through the day.
- Chamomile tea will relax you and the tone down that uterus pain. It will also help you fall asleep easier.
- FenuGreek seeds are a natural painkiller. Pop two teaspoons of the seeds in a glass of warm water over night, drink this first thing the next morning.
- Sesame seed oil has been used for centuries for muscle pain relief massages. Massage this on your lower abdomen and back.
- Last but not least! Mix two drops of coconut oil, three drops of lavender oil and three drops of peppermint oil for a massage.